5 Reasons to test Reddit Ads In 2021
Reddit is a powerful community platform that offers global audience reach and cost-efficient audience targeting. The platform attracted over 1.5 billion visitors in April 2019 alone, yet, marketers are still not making use of it for advertising.
Start from the end… here are the top 5 reasons to test Reddit ads in 2021
Why should you try Reddit ads?
Starting from the end here are the main points that stood out with our Video and Image Reddit campaigns:
Low Costs. As low as £0.1 per click.
Niche Audience Targeting. There are over 2m subreddits talking about all sorts of topics
Engaging Community. Active users spend +10minutes on the platform each day
Low CPMs (Cost Per Thousand Impressions) as low as £1
Good conversion rates. Particularly across United States traffic…
What is Reddit?
Reddit is a social sharing website built around users sharing information where everyone can then vote on. The best content rises to the top, while downvoted content becomes less visible.
Users submit links, pictures, and text, which everyone can then vote and comment on.
If you haven’t already create a free reddit account using this link.
Reddit user stats?
Reddit is USA’s 6th largest social media content sharing platform that has 430 million active users worldwide. The platform attracted over 1.5 billion visitors in April 2019 alone, from both desktop and mobile devices, which makes it one of the most popular sites in the world at the moment.
- 430 million monthly active users worldwide,
- 130k Active communities (subreddits)
- 6th most popular social network in US (Statista 2019)
- Core age groups are 25-29 year olds (23%), 18-24s (21%)
Reddit geographic user base as of 2021:
- 50% of Reddit traffic comes from United States
- 8% Canada
- 4% UK
- 4% Australia
- 3% Germany
What are Reddit ads?
Reddit ads appear within the subreddit pages, when user browse through topics. When making the ad, we had two options. To create a:
- Link posts
- Video posts
Campaign Strategies of Reddit Ads?
Previously, advertisers and marketers were able to use only cost-per-impression (CPM) and cost-per-view (CPV) ads. CPC is the first performance-driven ad type available on Reddit, and it comes with four campaign objectives:
- Video views
What are the targeting features of reddit?
Reddits targeting features include the below:
- Country level Geo-targeting
- City targeting only available in US
- Interest category targeting
- Subreddit (community) Targeting
What is the average CTR rate of Reddit?
The average CTR (Click Through Rate) of Reddit ranges from 0.2%-1%.
The ad performance dependends on the quality of the image and the headline of questions. From our own campaigns we have seen questions work better in ad copy
How much do Reddit Ads cost?
Compared to Facebook, Reddit is a cost efficient advertising platform.
- Reddit CPMs (Cost Per Thousand Impressions) as low as £1
- Reddit CPCs (Cost Per Clicks) can be as low as £0.1
- Minimum daily spend is $5
- CPC, CPV and CPM buying models are available
How to setup a Reddit campaign in 2021?
The process is simple. Create your free reddit account via this link.
Once the account is created sign upto to the advertising platform via Reddit ads
Then start the process.
Summary…Why should you try Reddit ads in 2021?
Reddit can be a powerful asset for creative marketers. After some testing and learning you will be able to reach highly specific audiences. As a recap, our top 5 reasons to run Reedit ads are:
- Low Costs. As low as £0.1 per click.
- Niche Audience Targeting. There are over 2m subreddits talking about all sorts of topics
- Engaging Community. Active users spend +10minutes on the platform each day.
- Low CPMs (Cost Per Thousand Impressions) as low as £1
- Good conversion rates. Particularly across United States traffic…